onsdag 23. juli 2014

23072014 - Screeching Weasel "Bark Like a Dog"

This band has always been there and I have been aware of them, but I never got around to give them more than a brief listen. So now was the time to check out their particular brand of pop punk, and when I say "their" particular brand I mean The Ramones' particular brand as interpreted or paid tribute to by Screeching Weasel. It's no surprise to learn that these guys once covered an entire Ramones album, and although I don't see any reason to sit through a Ramones record played by any other band than Da Bruddas themselves I see how this would be the right band to record such a thing. I might even want to see them do it live. As you can probably tell, originality is not high on the Weasel's list of priorities, but catchiness most certainly is, and they adhere to a strict "don't bore us, get to the chorus" regimen which totally works. This album consists of 12 instantly singalong-able songs, none of which are likely to stick in your memory very long after the album is finished, but all are perfectly fun additions to any summertime punk soundtrack.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar