lørdag 19. juli 2014

19072014 - Chacka Khan "I Feel for You"

The title track of this album should be familiar to everybody, but even though it remains her best selling solo album I have yet to hear the other songs on this disc. Opener "This Is My Night" was a single and reached #1 on the US Dance Chart, and it's easy to hear why as it sounds totally cutting edge and contemporary…for 1984. "Stronger Than Before" is a semi ballad, and the same goes there - perfect for 1984, not so relevant 30 years later. "My Love Is Alive" and "Eye to Eye"… uptempo, and same thing there. "La Flamme" is a funky thing with some samples and stuff, but jeez - even a pretty catchy chorus can't save the poor thing. I guess "I Feel for You" itself opened side two of the original LP, but on CD (or streaming services) it's just stuck in the middle of a whole lot of mostly outdated stuff. OK, the David Foster penned soul ballad "Through the Fire" actually works pretty well, but that's it. So there - "I Feel for You": classic song, horribly outdated album.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar