torsdag 26. juni 2014

26062014 - Mela Koteluk "Spadochron"

Through some of the fine people in my circle I have been introduced to a handful of really good Polish acts, and Mela Koteluk is the latest of these. Her music is the kind of indie pop with a slightly rocking edge that could easily have become cheesy, but her voice is so good that this is just a pleasure to listen to. A little research tells me that she has covered artists as diverse as Massive Attack, Feist, Röyksopp and Chris Isaak live, and this should give you the tiniest of pointers regarding her style. The songs can get slightly ethereal, bur never veer off into pure dream pop. Nor do they bother to become blatant attempts at radio songs. If her lyrics had been in English I'm positive the indie press would have been all over this album, hailing it as a modern classic. In my ears it kinda is anyway.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar