onsdag 25. juni 2014

25062014 - Juliana Hatfield "Made in China"

Rough and tough Juliana Hatfield on this album, as opposed to the slightly Juliana Cutefield on previous albums - the ones I listened to back in the day. I like this, but I think I prefer the poppier albums from the nineties. At first listen there's more attitude than immediately catchy songs here, but I suspect there's some pretty good tunes hidden beneath the layers of Neil Youngish guitars here. And Hatfield's voice is as endearing as ever, adding that unmistakeable signature to the songs that no amount of fuzz can conceal. This is a Juliana Hatfield that should appeal to those who preferred Liz Phair, PJ Harvey and The Breeders way back when, and I give this album one thumb up, while the other one might also start pointing at the ceiling when I have given this a couple more spins. By the way, if she were to marry James Hetfield - do you think she would take both names? And wouldn't Juliana Hatfield Hetfield be both the coolest and dorkiest name ever?


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar