torsdag 19. juni 2014

19062014 - Mother Road "Drive"

I got a tip about this album, and I tip my hat to the tipper! Because these guys play hard and soulful blues rock the way nature intended: with plenty of heart, a whole lotta soul and five people who sing and play like their lives depended on their honesty as performers! And the songs are really great too! In a world where bands usually rely on gimmicks over substance, it's refreshing to hear a band that relies on proper handicraft and real music, knowing that world domination might not be within instant reach, but refusing to sell their souls - souls that they instead put on display in every note played, every word sung and even every beat of the drums! In a perfect world people would actually listen to music, instead of just hearing it in the background, and they would listen to this! If only one percent of everyone who owns an album by The Black Crowes, Bad Company, Whitesnake, Alabama Shakes or Drive-By Truckers would check out Mother Road, I'm positive they would all get a new favorite band. I know I just did!


1 kommentar: