mandag 9. juni 2014

09062014 - The Black Sorrows "Certified Blue"

It's been a while since I last listened to The Black Sorrows, and I must admit that I had no idea they have been back for ten years. I might give some of the later albums a listen as well, but for now I'm enjoying the first album I have listened to by the Australians since 1990. And although I am indeed enjoying it, I am far from overwhelmed by the Costello-isms on "Certified Blue", which might even be a reference to "Almost Blue"? Now, I remember the good old days of the Kalvøya Festival, when they had the world by the mandolin strings with the genius of an album which is "Hold on to Me". And let's face it, that's most likely the only catalogue album by the band I will give repeated listens unless somebody gives me a good reason to check out any other particular record.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar