søndag 13. april 2014

13042014 - The Giraffes "The Giraffes"


New angle this time. I was looking at my daughter playing with a toy giraffe, and thought I'd see if there was a band called The Giraffes. Because it's a good name for a band, so there's the potential of good music as well, right? And yes, as you will have gathered, I did indeed find a band with that very name, and press play I did. The first song sounds a bit like Clutch, and from there on the songs take on a bit of a punk edge, but with the kind of swagger you associate with Girls Against Boys or The Afghan Whigs. Of course they are nowhere as good as any of the above, which is ok, since those are pretty high standards to live up to. They are far from bad though, and a tune like "Sugarbomb" is the kind of song you would crank up in your car stereo and most likely break the speed limit! Great fun, and probably awesome live!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar