onsdag 9. april 2014

09042014 - X "Los Angeles"

There is no good reason on earth why I haven't heard this album in its entirety before, but better late than never I suppose. This is the debut album of this classic Los Angeles punk band, and it's great! Why is it great? Because of the wonderful and legendary Exene, whose attitude filled vocals are as impressive now as they must have been in 1980. Because they do a Doors cover actually worth hearing - even if you don't care for the original. Because there's stuff here that reminds of Blondie, but then it doesn't anyway. Because of the keyboards on "Sex And Dying in High Society". Because every song is really catchy, yet so very very cool! I could go on, but I think you catch my drift. I had heard a few of these songs before, mostly on various compilations and playlists, but all the tunes here are equally X-cellent!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar