fredag 28. mars 2014

28032014 - Petter Baarli - "You Petter B. Goode"

Don't point your finger at the guitar man, the guitar is my gun! So he sings on the track "Don't Point Your Finger", and if the guitar is his gun, it's fully loaded and he's not firing blanks! This is rock'n'roll at its best! Zero points for originality of course, but that was never the point in the first place. I mean, when you can totally - uh - borrow the riff from "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)" and get away with it, then you are a Man, my son! So, I hear you ask, what is the difference between the songs on "You Petter B. Goode" and a Backstreet Girls album? More variation is one thing. More laid-backness is another. Of course there are more similarities than differences, but there are certainly enough differences to justify this as a solo album. And, playing the Devil's advocate, his voice might not be the best in the universe, but then again, it doesn't need to be. Do you criticise Keith Richards for being totally rock'n'roll, but not pitch perfect? I didn't think so. And likewise, there's room for this lesson in total coolness in any rock lover's collection! Don't point your finger at the guitar man, he's only having fun!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar