torsdag 13. mars 2014

13032014 - Barren Womb "The Sun's Not Yellow, It's Chicken"

Okay okay, I'm awake! I didn't intend to make this today's album, I was just checking it out, but all of a sudden I got into it and... Long story short - even though I by no means have a degree in noise punk, there's something to be said for a band within this genre who puts a bar piano in the album opener like it's the most natural thing in the world. And they even get away with it! These Norwegians have listened to Converge, Blood Brothers and At the Drive-In, and they probably eat dynamite sticks for breakfast. There's a lot of information to process here, and I should perhaps have met their aggressive barrage better prepared and fully rested, because this is an all-out attack! The song titles are mostly clever puns along the lines of "Kill Hicks", "Bong Aqua", "Obi-Wan Chernobyl" and "Segway to Heaven", but their candidate for Song Title of the Year goes out to "Will You Be God's Art or Satan's Graffiti?" They should be a whirlwind live, and get heavy kudos for making this work on record as well, even though I'm all worn out after listening through. Now, where's that Sade album...?


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar