fredag 7. mars 2014

07032014 - Paloma Faith "A Perfect Contradiction"

Dear Paloma. I remember your first album. I loved the title, "Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful", and I loved the way you referenced other great artists, but still showed us a personality of your own. Your voice had that little something extra - shall we call it a slightly flawed charm? - that made you stand out, and there were songs - oh, the songs - whose timeless quality made you just a tiny bit unique. I must admit that I never did check out your second album, so I have no idea how it came to this, but I do hope that repeated listens to "A Perfect Contradiction" will make it sound less like someone told you to sound like Adele or Amy W. Because you don't need to sound like them. You should sound like you! Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Because the truth is that although this is far from bad, you can do a whole lot better. And I believe you will again. Actually I don't just believe. I have total Faith!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar