torsdag 27. februar 2014

27022014 - Kari Rueslåtten "Time to Tell"

The time is sometimes just right for an album, and this is one of those occasions. I have always been a fan of Kari Rueslåtten's voice and songs, and now, more than seven years since her last release, I all of a sudden realize how much I have missed both. The title track of her previous record, the unfairly overlooked "Other People's Stories", is one of this century's most beautiful songs, but as a whole "Time to Tell" exceeds its predecessor in every way! I want to bury myself in these songs and stay there forever and I want to create new words, because my vocabulary, as highly as I sometimes might regard it, just doesn't cover the way these songs make me feel. In the past Kari has made magic with album tracks like "Make Me a Stone", "Trollferd" and "Paint My Wings", but 20 years into her career this might just be her most magical and complete album!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar