søndag 2. februar 2014

02022014 - Spidergawd "Spidergawd"

Spidergawd = one of Norway's best frontmen EVER: Per Borten from Cadillac (+ a couple of other bands that were never even close to the big C as far as Pure Rock Greatness goes) plus Bent Sæther from the mighty Motorpsycho (here as Mr Bassman), Kenneth Kapstad from M'psycho and various other bands and mr Rolf Martin Snustad from Hopalong Knut. I only care about one thing, and that is the fact that Borten wants to ROCK again! He wants to play the guitar REALLY LOUD! And that, in my book, is rockin' good news, Lula! The album starts off with a cool riff and a beast of a groove, and we're off! Obviously this is an album I will need to listen to several more times before the songs get under my skin to the extent that they should, but I am already digging this and I'm digging it hard! People will compare this to Motorpsycho, but they can all get bent. Me, I compare it to Cadillac, and although it's still early days I feel that "Spidergawd" holds its own compared to The Cad's varied, but brilliant catalogue. Per - if you're reading this, thank you! Thank you for bringing the Rawk back, thank you for not giving a shit about the Taste Police and thank you for giving us all the chance to party one more time. In my book this is a great album - end of story!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar