onsdag 22. januar 2014

22012014 - Arctic Monkeys "AM"

This album has been voted one of last year's best releases by the international music press, so it was time to take a listen. Obviously I had heard some of the songs here before, like the enjoyable and heavily Black Keys-influenced album opener "Do I Wanna Know". I have never listened much to this band before, but when track two also resembles the aforementioned Ohio duo more than just a little bit I get curious. Is this pretty damn good or too derivative? Five tracks that are very Keysy listening (see what I did there?) go by - and I'm liking them - before they turn down the tempo with the soulful "No. 1 Party Anthem" - a song title that belongs on a LMFAO album, but a song that reminds me of the classic British bands from the mid-nineties. In a good way! The last half of the album has some forgettable songs, but the last track, "I Wanna Be Yours" is just lovely, and in general I found myself really enjoying this record.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Ey, ingen mention av at Arabella er kliss lik War Pigs her og der?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Det tenkte jeg søren ikke over. Du har jo helt rett, selv om jeg synes Black Keys-likheten er mer påfallende.

      Slett