fredag 3. januar 2014

03012014 - Road "Road"

Yes! This is the kind of randomness my little blog project is designed for! Looking for the new Manilla Road album on WiMP and not finding it (not any other albums by the band either, for that matter), I tried entering just the search word "Manilla", to see if that helped. It didn't. Neither did "Manila". Well - you never know... I guess you can tell where this is heading. Yup, I tried "Road" as well, not really having any hopes of finding what I originally looked for, but perhaps there would be something from the old Norwegian hard rock band Road? Nope, not even a song from any of their albums. What I did find though, was the only album by the American band Road, released in 1972. This band featured none other than the legendary Noel Redding, best known as the bass player in  The Jimi Hendrix Experience. While by no means groundbreaking, the album is a pleasant little thing with plenty of wah wah and a decent groove. Worth checking out? Definitely, if you're a fan of 70's bluesy semi-psychedelic power trios (and who isn't?). Will I check it out again? I really don't know. At least, this is no longer the Road not taken... (Sorry, couldn't resist that one!)


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar